“Call for Nominations” for Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Who can make a Nomination ?:
Nominations may be made by either:
1) Members of the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame
(2) Sponsors of the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame.
Who is eligible for Nomination? :
Nominees must have:
1) Been born in Greater Atlanta or resided in the Greater Atlanta area (defined as the 28 counties in Atlanta MSA) long enough to have attended high school, and/or
2) Participated in a sports activity in Greater Atlanta for at least four years or
3) Been a citizen of Greater Atlanta and brought honor to the City through his/her sports endeavors, and
4) Participated in their sport or activity for at least 20 years, or have been retired for 3 years, or in the event of a death an individual or team is immediately eligible.
How and When do I make nomination? :
All information on the ASHOF nomination form must be completed in writing and all supporting written documentation received by April 6, 2018 to be considered for the 2019 class.
Nomination forms are available (only for sponsors or hall of famers) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, emails, or social media will be used for voting consideration.
Mail the completed nomination form and support materials to:
Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame
3320 Compass Way
Alpharetta, GA 30004.
Who is already in the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame? :
The 74 current members are listed on the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame website at HOF MEMBERS
Once the nominations are made, how and when is voting handled? :
Once the nomination form is received by the ASHOF, all action necessary to the selection process shall remain confidential. The Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame shall retain all information submitted.
All nominees will go through a three-tiered screening and voting process. The screening and voting process will take place in April and May of 2018. The induction is tentatively scheduled for February 2019.